What Is An Excluded Licence Agreement

You are generally entitled to an appropriate notification before you can be asked to leave, but your landlord will not need a court order if you are an excluded occupier. However, your landlord must still take steps to ensure that your home is safe and that you are not injured due to the condition of your home. Your licensing agreement could determine which repairs you and your landlord are responsible for – it could give you additional rights, so it`s worth checking your agreement. If you have a periodic agreement, you must indicate the notice period set in your agreement. If the agreement does not say how much termination is required, it depends on whether you have an excluded lease or an excluded license. If an excluded occupant remains in the property after the expiration of the owner`s corresponding notification, the owner may physically take possession. For example, the owner could change the locks while the occupant is outside, or take the occupant`s property and drop them off the property to convince the occupant to leave the unit. The section on harassment and illegal eviction provides information on the remedies of the occupants when their owner intervened in their property. Your landlord can`t tell you less appropriately – no matter how long they notice in your contract. If you do not share accommodation with your landlord, you may have an excluded lease.

This means that there are different rules as to how much attention you will receive. Get help from your nearest citizen council if you want to consider your rights as an excluded tenant. If you have a fixed-term contract. B six months, you can only be cleared by your landlord if: As a tenant, you probably have a licensing agreement. If you have a licensing agreement, your landlord does not have the repair obligations under the Landlords and Tenants Act 1985, as it only applies to leases. If you rent a room in your own home, where you actually live, use this agreement to rent it to a tenant. Under Section 3A, a tenant is excluded from certain parts of the Protection of Eviction Act 1977 and this agreement is more of a licensing agreement than a tenancy agreement. If it is self-contained housing (i.e. toilets, bathrooms, kitchens inside the dwelling), it is highly unlikely that the resident will have an excluded licence agreement in which he or she is protected from eviction.